Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1st update.

So I finished reading Great Expectations today and I really, really enjoyed it. After I finished it I sat back and thought about it. It seemed to be a book whose focus was character development. I felt like that was what the book was teaching, yet it was told with plenty of action in it. It did what movies have a hard time doing with their limited time, and that is to tell the story of a character's development in depth, while still involving action, mystery, love, and suspense. I enjoyed the end of the book immensely and after having finished it just walked around my apartment for a good five minutes, smiling. It was just so satisfactory the way the book ended, no loose ends being left undone, but being all finished within the last few pages of the book. I'm glad I own a copy of it.
Over the weekend, most of the family was in town for BYU's game against New Mexico. We lost a heartbreaker, 83-81. We even had the last possession, inbounding it with 0.6 seconds on the clock but we couldn't do anything with it in time. However, it was really nice to see everyone. Lunch at Jessica's was super good and lots of fun. It was great to see them.
In other news related to their visit, our apartment looks very different without all the movies, it is a much gloomier place without all those colors in it. Bryan and I finally found the place we're going to sign for the next 12 months, Campus Plaza. Its the one on the north side of 800 N. and just west of 700 E. right by the sinclaire gas station on that corner. We are planning on moving into the bottom floor to save on air conditioning in the summer, we won't need to worry about heating costs in the winter because the only utility we will pay is electricity.
Tonight is FHE, and something is planned, but the girl who is in charge won't tell anyone what it is. I proposed to the guy in our apartment who is in charge that we should go to the quarry one week and climb. Speaking of that, the highs in Utah County this week are supposed to be in the high 40's. We're planning on climbing this week if it feels warm enough in the canyon, which excites me about as much as Christmas did when I was a little kid. I better make sure that I'm doing super well in my classes because I know that I'll be tempted to neglect it come April. However, on that note, I am doing much better this semester about spending the time necessary in each of my classes. It probably has to do with my interest in my classes. Okay, until my next update, talk to you all later.

1 comment:

  1. What classes are you taking? Glad to see you this past weekend.

    ReplyDelete